As the hustle and bustle of the holiday season comes to a close, it can be easy to overlook the days between Christmas and New Year's. These in-between days are often a time of rest, a chance to catch our breath before diving into the new year. Instead of letting this time pass by, why not take advantage of it and enjoy some small moments with your family? Here are five ideas to get you started:
- Go for a winter hike. Even if you live in a colder climate, bundling up and hitting the trails can be a great way to enjoy the beauty of the season. Make sure to bring hot cocoa or tea to warm up afterwards!
- Have a game night. Break out your favorite board games or try something new. This is a great opportunity to spend quality time together and have some friendly competition.
- Make a cozy movie marathon. Pick a few of your family's favorite films and spend the day snuggled up on the couch. Don't forget the popcorn!
- Try a new recipe. Use these in-between days as an opportunity to try out a new recipe together as a family. Whether it's a traditional holiday dish or something completely different, it can be fun to experiment in the kitchen.
- Reflect on the past year. Take some time to sit down as a family and talk about the highs and lows of the past year. This can be a great opportunity to show gratitude and set intentions for the year ahead.
No matter how you choose to spend these in-between days, the most important thing is to be present and enjoy the time together as a family. Happy holidays!